CINE NOMAD SCHOOL 2018
[/heading][divider line_type=”Full Width Line” line_thickness=”3″ divider_color=”default” animate=”yes” delay=”4000″][divider line_type=”No Line” custom_height=”15″]
‘Cine Nomad School’ is an exchange skills development programme designed in Partnership with La CineFabrique that puts together students and young filmmakers from the French national cinema school in Lyon, La CineFabrique, The Journalism school in Benin republic, Institut Supérieur des Métiers de l’Audiovisue – ISMA BENIN, The Higher Institute of Image and Sound – Studio Ecole, Burkina Faso, ISIS-SE, as well as other candidates from The Lodz Film School Poland and the AFRIFF’s Talent development class of 2017, in Lagos, working together hands-on to develop film projects across the mentioned countries. Cine Nomad School allows cinema students to travel to 2 continents and 5 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Poland and France to develop and shoot fiction and documentary short-films.
This project enables the participants to:
- Question their artistic practice, confronting themselves to a different reality, to new ways of writing, of working or thinking about the world.
- Work in autonomy without being supervised by pedagogical contributor.
- Confront themselves to the difficulties inherent to international co-productions: understand, learn, share working methods that could encourage future professional collaborations.
- Work and shoot in a foreign language.
The principles of the project:
- Every school/structure chooses the students it wants to involve in the project.
- Film projects are highly encouraged to be held by two participants from different countries and by students from different trade (ex: A Nigerian director and a Polish DoP co-write a project together in Burkina Faso)
- Every student, even if not in the “director” section can carry a project. However, the producer students cannot be filmmakers and carry a project.
- The projects are being written in a collaborative way from February to May.
- A jury made up of a filmmaker from each participating country choses the short-films that will be shot.
- Participating students cannot shoot in their home country.
- Each student has a define position that he has to keep throughout the whole production of the short film.
- The editing of the films is held in Cotonou, Benin.
- The signing of the movie is collective.
- Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso): ISIS-SE
- Cotonou (Benin): ISMA
- Lodz (Poland): Lodz Film School
- Lagos (Nigeria): AFRIFF
- Lyon (France): La CinéFabrique