ACCESSING FINANCE IN FOR FILM AND DOCUMENTARIES IN AFRICA
The idea is to create a robust dialogue about the possible funding sources for filmmaking across grants, loans
for films and documentaries across Africa
- How can shorts filmmakers attract the attention of agents, festivals and funders?
- How investors and financiers make their decisions on what to fund?
- How do they fund films?
- How does international capital become involved in complex structured features – either studio tentpoles or
- large indie projects?
- What steps need to be secured by the producers in order to unlock these resources?
- What are the unique developments in financing models that are evolving internationally?
- How do personal branding strategies extend the life cycle of your short, and catapult your career?
- Can you invest in great independent films, help get them made, AND put the scary investor horror-story
- odds in your favor?
- Just Film
- Hubert Bal Funds
- Ford Foundation
- Hope Yongo
- Documentary funds